PLUGIN NAME: SM Gallery
DOWNLOAD VERSION 1.0.5
Author’s name: Jeremy Smeltzer & Seth Carstens
Author’s URL: http://sethmatics.com/
URL of ZIP file: http://downloads.wordpress.org/plugin/sm-gallery.1.0.5.zip
Plugin Homepage: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/sm-gallery/
Official WordPress Plugin Page: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/sm-gallery/
Rating out of 5: 4
List of tags: featured image, gallery, image, media, page, plugin
Version number: 1.0.5
Gallery plugin thats simple because it leans on existing WordPress gallery features provided by http://sethmatics.com/.
We decided that the default gallery that WordPress builds is lacking some very simple features. Enhance your gallery's without having to learn a completely new interface! Upload images as you normally would, insert the "gallery" tag as you normally would, with the plugin enabled BAAM! Your gallery is not in a beautiful showcase. Wait, don't have room on your page for a showcase? No problem, we got you covered! Ad a simple attribute (modal) to the gallery code and define a thumbnail image... now you have a thumbnail that opens an overlay box on the page with your gallery showcase in it. No, it doesn't navigate away from the current page, its very similar to a lightbox effect.
But wait, you want more you say? Oh you mean you use the featured image enhancement from WordPress? Good news, we even offer you the ability to link your featured image to your gallery showcase. It will cause the featured image, when clicked, to open the sexy overlay box for you. Snazzy!
- uses the existing WordPress gallery shortcode to keep inserting galleries easy and simple
- tiny plugin, overhead media files and scripts are minimal
- scripts optimized to be loaded at proper times to keep page load time down
- extends featured images to link them to a gallery of your choosing
Features Coming in version 2, Next Version Updates:
- modal box will load its contents with AJAX to reduce page load time even more
- some styling options inside the wordpress interface (currently only available using CSS)
- ability to select more plugin options while inserting the gallery from the WordPress media popup
- ability to select an existing image from the media gallery for use as a gallery thumbnail image
Don't forget to rate our plugin so we know how we are doing!
Sample of the gallery, which looks similar inline to what you see in this popup modal box.
Sample of the "featured image gallery" options which links your featured image to a gallery popup.
You must be logged in to post a comment.